Video: 10 Unknown Facts About Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe is one of the cult figures of cinema and the sex symbol of old Hollywood, who defined the beauty canons of the 20th century. Today the American diva would have turned 94 years old, in honor of which we have collected the most little-known facts and rare photos of the main platinum blonde of the last century.
1. Marilyn's real name is Norma Jean Baker, and the famous pseudonym appeared in the star later thanks to the savvy 53-year-old film agent John Hyde. It was he who recommended Marilyn to dye her hair platinum blonde and change her name, which led to the fateful changes in her life. By the way, the list of options for the pseudonym included names such as Carol Lind, Claire Norman and Marilyn Miller.
2. Because of family problems, the Hollywood star in childhood ended up in a foster family, and then in an orphanage. To break out of it, Marilyn got married and then got a job at an aircraft factory. It was there that her first picture was taken, after which the young girl was offered a modeling career.
Photo: DAVID CONOVER
3. In her interviews, Marilyn has repeatedly stated that her main beauty life hack is a cold bath with a drop of Chanel perfume No. 5. As for lipstick, the actress adored Guerlain Rouge Diabolique (now called Guerlain Kiss Kiss No. 522). And for decades, the star has been faithful to one brand of mascara - Helena Rubinstein.
4. Working as a fashion model, the young star appeared as many as 4 times on the cover of Life, thanks to which she was noticed by billionaire Howard Hughes. By the way, the main hobbies of the richest man in the United States were airplanes and actresses - he was credited with romances with Katharine Hepburn, Ava Gardner, Jane Russell and other stars of the first magnitude. Howard could not resist Marilyn. After meeting him at a mansion in Palm Springs, young Monroe was offered her first contract with 20th Century Fox.
5. The first issue of Playboy magazine was released on December 1, 1953. Interestingly, a photo of Marilyn Monroe was placed on the cover, for which she did not even pose. The cover of the first Playboy was an image with an actress from the erotic calendar for 1949.
6. The actress became a star after the release of the psychological thriller "Niagara" (1953), where she starred. After this film, Monroe played in the films "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" and "There are only girls in jazz" - these pictures fixed the image of a silly and sexy blonde for Marilyn.
7. Many people believe that the actress owned millions, but this is far from the case. Monroe received the largest fee for the painting "There are only girls in jazz" - 300 thousand dollars.
8. Marilyn's favorite clothing brands were Emilio Pucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Christian Dior and Jean Louis. The main detail of Monroe's wardrobe is a pencil skirt.
9. Marilyn was married 3 times, but the most famous novel of the stars is the relationship with US President John F. Kennedy. Biographers call their mutual passion a real obsession - wigs and private jets, promises, tons ofts, and the faith of a woman, more than once deceived, in the reality of becoming the first lady. All this turned out to be the loudest scandal of the 60s of America and still excites the minds of the public.
10. Despite the phenomenal fame all over the world and the crowd of fans, the actress became the owner of only 3 cinema awards: "Golden Globe", "David di Donatello" and "Henrietta Prize".
Popular by topic
Biography of yves saint laurent
Turtleneck and high-waisted pants - Marilyn Monroe's favorite fashion combo
And how this wardrobe item was even born
Which Prince Harry may be proposing right now
Marilyn Monroe had flaws and plastic surgery