Video: How To Lose Weight On A Low-carb Diet
The essence of a low-carb diet is, as the name suggests, limiting carbohydrates in favor of fats and proteins. Not getting enough carbohydrates, the body begins to use energy from adipose tissue, as a result - you lose weight. Carbohydrates are a necessary source of energy for our body, which cannot be completely replaced, therefore this type of nutrition is not designed for constant use. However, if you need to urgently lose 2-3 kilograms before an important event, this diet is a real salvation.
1. To begin with, it's worth figuring out: what should be used to build a diet now? Here is a list of the most useful, nutrient-rich and almost carbohydrate-free foods:
- lean meats (such as chicken or turkey fillets)
- green leafy vegetables
- cauliflower and broccoli
- nuts and seeds
- oils (coconut, olive and rapeseed)
- some fruits such as apples, blueberries, and strawberries
- unsweetened dairy products (Greek yogurt, cottage cheese up to 5% fat)
During the period of weight loss, your diet should consist of these foods. You will have to forget about whole grain pasta, quinoa and chickpeas (which contain, although healthy, but still carbohydrates). The main rule is more vegetables: Fiber strengthens and prolongs the feeling of fullness.
2. It is worth counting calories and taking into account the nutritional value of each product (the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates). On a low-carb diet, you should consume no more than 40 grams of carbs per day. In this case, the calorie content should vary between 1100-1500 kcal (it is better to forget about the higher figure altogether - this is too little, even for a diet). Choose foods rich in healthy fats, which will energize and keep you feeling full for a long time.
3. Be sure to have a meal plan. If you sit down and plan your entire diet thoroughly once, it will be easier further. First, you will know exactly what to expect. Secondly, you do not have to puzzle every time what and in what quantities you can now.
4. Choose the right carbohydrates. As mentioned above, the body needs at least 40 g of carbohydrates per day. It is very dangerous to refuse them altogether. However, carbohydrates are different. You shouldn't eat chocolate or white flour bread to get your carb intake. Choose whole grains that are high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber in addition to carbohydrates.
5. Do not get carried away by training. Remember that any diet is stress for the body. Grueling cardio workouts are based on a standard balanced diet. Intense exercise with a low-carb diet can lead to dizziness, nausea, and even fainting. Be careful not to let the desire to lose weight become unhealthy fanaticism.
Popular by topic
How to calculate a calorie deficit to kick start your weight loss process
Slimming with cinnamon - myth or truth
What does Vera Brezhneva's diet consist of?
And come from vacation not only tanned and rested, but also slim