Table of contents:
Video: Post-workout Nutrition
2023 Author: Henry Pass | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 21:12
We all remember that sports are only 30% of success when it comes to creating a dream figure. The remaining 70% comes from food - the meal that comes immediately after training is especially important. To begin with, remember that post-workout food is essential. There is an opinion that if you skip a meal after exercise, then the body will draw strength for recovery from its own resources and you will certainly lose weight. In fact, such a "hunger strike" will only slow down the process of losing weight and adversely affect metabolic processes.
Experts recommend that you eat within 45 minutes after you finish your workout, and the choice of the dish will directly affect your result. How to eat after exercise to increase its effectiveness, read our material.
A serving of protein is what the body really needs after exercise. Protein-rich food allows you to maintain the effect of your workout, build or strengthen muscles - depending on your goal and the specifics of the exercise performed. A serving of salmon provides the body with not only 20 g of protein, but also essential vitamins and omega-3 acids, which have a beneficial effect on all body systems.
Eggs are another great source of protein. Among other things, they are unusually rich in vitamins B, D and E, biotin, potassium, folic acid and unsaturated fatty acids. Most of the nutrients are found in the yolks, so you shouldn't get rid of them, even if your goal is weight loss. The high calorie content of yolks is more of a myth, and you definitely won't get better from two whole eggs after a workout.
Black rice is one of the best sources of slow "healthy" carbs out there. Contrary to popular belief, post-workout carbs are essential. They, working in tandem with proteins, catalyze metabolism, strengthen the body, accelerate its recovery and significantly improve training results. In addition to carbohydrates, black rice is rich in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants that protect the body's cells from damage and significantly slow down the aging process.
Sugar-free, no additives Greek yogurt is the ideal light meal to help you regain strength and protein after physical activity. You can add homemade granola (to be 100% sure of its composition) or berries to it. The second option is even preferable - in addition to the carbohydrates necessary after training, berries will provide a real charge of vitamins and antioxidants. Read about the lightest summer berries here.
If the rhythm of life does not allow you to eat for a long time after training, nuts will come to the rescue. A handful of almonds or cashews will restore your strength and allow you to hold out until your next meal without difficulty or discomfort. Nuts are rich in vegetable protein, healthy fats, vitamins A and E, and many beneficial trace elements. We have already written about which nuts are better to choose here.
Mirrors, circus and Tokyo at night - everything you need to know about the most famous South Korean artist and her first solo exhibition in Russia, Utopia Saved
The most interesting offers of metropolitan restaurants for those who held out impeccably in the first fasting week